ROASTED PEPPER, CAPER & CANNELLINI TOAST
This super quick recipe is my go-to when I haven't got much in the house. I love to make a double portion and eat it for lunch all throughout the week!
- 400 g can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 10 g parsley finely chopped
- 100 g roasted red peppers (from a jar) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers roughly chopped
- to serve: crusty sourdough, vegan or regular butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Combine the cannellini beans, chopped parsley, roasted red peppers and capers in a mixing bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano and a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
Pour the dressing over the cannellini bean mixture and give everything a good stir. Let the mixture rest for at least 15 minutes, or as long as you can.
When you are ready to serve, toast your sourdough however you like it. Butter generously, then spoon the cannellini bean mixture over top. Finish with a good crack of black pepper.
Love super quick lunch recipes like this? Try my Crushed Peas On Toast.