BUCKWHEAT, FETA & CHERRY SALAD
Cherries in salads are a revelation! If you've never tried this combination before, you must! It makes a delightful summery lunch.
- 200 g buckwheat
- 200 g cherries halved and destoned
- 30 g rocket
- 15 g mint leaves finely chopped
- 50 g toasted salted almonds roughly chopped
- 75 g vegan or regular feta (optional)
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Cook the buckwheat in salted water according to the packet’s instructions. Drain and set aside too cool.
Meanwhile, you can make the dressing. Combine the Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
Combine the cooled buckwheat with the cherries, rocket, mint, toasted almonds and half of the dressing. Serve topped with the vegan/regular feta, a drizzle of the remaining dressing and a good crack of black pepper.
I have so many delicious summer salads on Georgie Eats, why not try this one next: Couscous, Pomegranate and Harissa Aubergine Salad.