MUSHROOM & SPINACH TOAST
One of the easiest vegan breakfasts out there. I make it every weekend!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g mushrooms sliced (any kind you like)
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 200 g spinach (if you’ve washed it, make sure it’s dry before adding to the pan)
- 4 slices crusty bread (I like sourdough)
- to serve: butter or vegan butter, chilli flakes or sriracha
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Warm a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and fry for 6-8 minutes, or until lovely and soft. Next, add the garlic and thyme and fry for a further minute or so, just to soften. Finally, add the spinach and a good pinch of salt & black pepper and stir continuously until wilted. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
Toast your bread however you like it. Slather with butter, then top with the mushroom mixture. Finish with a crack of black pepper and some chilli flakes or sriracha, if you would like.
Want more easy vegan breakfast recipes? Try my Kiwi & Coconut Chia Pudding next!