MEDITERRANEAN ORZO PASTA SALAD
Packed with veggies and bursting with flavour – it's even better after a few days in the fridge!
- 250 g orzo
- 400 g can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 handfuls baby tomatoes finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber finely diced
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 180 g black olives sliced
- 15 g fresh parsley finely chopped
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Cook the orzo in salted water according to the packet's instructions. Drain, then run under cold water to cool.
Meanwhile, you can make the dressing. Combine the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic and a good pinch of salt and black pepper in a jar and stir well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
Mix the cooled orzo with the chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, red pepper, olives and parsley in a large bowl, then stir through the dressing. Finish with a good crack of black pepper.
Looking for more summery salad recipes? Try this Asparagus Caesar Salad.